CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Bye Texas

Well, here we are in North Carolina. It has been a week since we left Texas on the first full day of my 23rd year.  Mom and Aunt Karen left yesterday morning.  Surprisingly there were minimum tears....untill bedtime.  I spent the day filling out applications, cleaning, unpacking, and hanging pictures.  (pretty much how the entire week here has been) Basicly I was busy and distracted all day.  So when bedtime hit and my brain slowed down the realization hit that we are alone in our new home.  While in reality the new start is exciting and refreshing, in the back of my mind there are still the issus of being on our own.  The nearest family is 4.5 hours away, as of now we have 1 couple friend and 2 other acquaintance couples, and neither of us have jobs. So naturally all of that plus the idea that mom wouldn't be here in the morning exploded into a crying mess.  Luke was so sweet through it all and The Lord used the break down to bring us closer as a couple and to Him....our God is so good!
Anyway, the trip was not bad and we didn't take as many documentary pictures as Denise wanted, but I will post a very few. (a video of the new place is on facebook)  When we first got here our next door neighbors came out to help us unload to find the mattresses.  They're Noelle and Jerred, and they're super friendly and we like them a lot.  Our friends Drew and Krista came from across the street to help too.


taking off the parking sticker for southwestern




dance party to keep awake


peach water tower--for Denise


first time opening our new front door!


first breakfast (using the tea bag holder from Denise)


Laundry in our own house!!!!

2 comments:

mom said...

What a wonderful trip that was for me. Your blog made me almost cry again and I've been doing so well. I will admit that the day I left I cried until nearly lunchtime! Reading your blog made me remember when your dad and I moved to NC when we got married. He was deployed soon after we arrived and I didn't know ANYONE! Talk about scared and sad and lonely.
Even though there's an emptiness that never goes away it gets better as you plant your new roots. You do have a very special husband who loves you with everything in him. You are blessed! If the Lord wills it you will be closer to home so I can visit when you guys miss me too much!! Love you bunches. MOM

mom said...

Also, you can call me anytime!!! I'll say something dumb to make you laugh!!!!!!!!!!