CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Progress

This week was exciting because we were able to submit 2 more checklists of documents to CAS (the adoption agency)!  So that's 4 of 11 lists now completed. 
Saturday was a cool, rainy day (Luke's favorite kind) and most of our regular housework was done so I spent a few hours in our guest room cleaning out drawers in preparation for the transformation into our child's room. 
A few months ago my parents visited and brought some boxes filled with some of my old stuff.  It was a pretty surreal moment to be going through my old books and thinking that these might actually be read by my daughter one day.  I'm not going to lie, I got a little teary eyed.  Then today we were speaking to some friends and Luke remembered that he had some of his childhood dominos in a drawer.  When he showed them to me we found the onsie that he was brought home from the hospital in.  When Sandi first gave that to us I was a little heartbroken because I was convinced that we'd never have children. (yes I'm prone to be a bit dramatic at times)
I love that each little step toward adoption and each little moment of revelation that there is hope for a child at the end of this points me back to my Savior; His changes in my life and His love for me.

0 comments: